Motion & Visual Designer
Local Candidates Only
Help us shape the future of video on the web for global brands. Work at the nexus of video, creative, web tech, data and marketing. Bring it all together to create mind-blowing interactive video experiences that change how people think about and interact with video.
Sounds fun, right? If so, we’re looking for you.
The position will be based out of our headquarters in Boulder, Colorado, and may include some travel within the US and internationally.
Reporting to the Director of Creative Services, this position is responsible for building visual assets that support brand consistency across all communication channels. Additionally, this position is tasked with producing and designing assets that communicate and reinforce core brand values for all marketing communications.
You will support the design of user-facing communications including interactive videos, trailers, animated gifs, motion design, web pages, landing pages, emails, use cases, user education and any/all assets for creative campaigns. You will also actively participate in the design, brainstorm and ideation of all marketing materials.
- Have an overwhelming desire to change the way people think about storytelling
- You have experience under your belt, know how things work, and want to take on new design challenges in the interactive space
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding of good design principles and attention to detail
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can present ideas clearly to others
- You’re passionate about both quality and deadlines, and you know how to balance them
- You’re a problem-solver. You understand that good design must be as useful as it is beautiful
- You’d be thrilled to have a job where you get paid to learn, experiment, sketch, read, watch, and play in order to come up with creative ideas
- People love working with you because you’re super smart and talented, but you’re also humble and genuinely nice
- Have a strong ability to creatively, strategically and efficiently approach projects from start to finish
- Understand the value of brand consistency (both design & messaging) across all media
- Develop creative solutions on your own, but you desire to grow with the constructive feedback
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- A strong desire to make our product better
- A solid skillset in the necessary platforms to produce award-winning creative
- Proven experience with motion graphics and animation
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing digital and interaction design (print, web and video)
- An understanding of HTML/CSS and ability to code for web and email
- Ability to distill high-level ideas into unique visual designs
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles, best practices, visual trends, emerging technologies. And a hunger to learn more.
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Experience in visual storytelling/communication
- A winning attitude
- Have an understanding of interactive video
- The ability to concept, storyboard and design styles frames for video
- Working knowledge of photo and video cameras
- Experience in the game industry
- Illustration skills a big plus
At Rapt Media, we’re excited to play a growing part in the evolution of online video, and we’re looking for a team member that is equally passionate about leaving their mark on the world through technology and innovation. This is a tremendous opportunity with a talented team in a high-growth, high-profile industry that will change the the way the world watches video forever. We’re offering a competitive compensation, including equity and a solid benefits package.